Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Is Going Cashless!
Cashless Account Refund Policy
Customer support: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-679-0687 during standard business hours for any questions regarding your cashless account.
All credit left unredeemed by the close of the event on October 14, 2018 will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
- Credit Card: Leftover funds in your account, purchased online or onsite at the event using a credit card, will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $3.50 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the end of the event
- Cash and Debit Card: Leftover funds in your account, purchased online or onsite at the event using cash or debit card, will require you to to complete a Manual Refund Form, available from the Refund page in your cashless account (less a $3.50 refund processing fee). Click the “Register Your Wristband” button below to get started.
The deadline to apply for a manual refund is October 28, 2018. Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
Using Cashless Payment Technology
- Online top-up (and automatic refunds from online top-ups) available only to registered users
- Super convenient – your wristband is on you at all times
- Faster transaction times – no need to fumble in your pockets for change
- Better control of your budget and spending – you choose how much to top-up
- Worry free experience and more time to enjoy the event
Individual versus Shared Cashless Accounts
Individual Cashless Account: linking only one ticket/wristband to a cashless account for individual spending.
Shared Cashless Account: linking up to 6 tickets/wristbands to your cashless account to allow all linked wristbands to make purchases from the same pool of funds. Once a ticket/wristband is linked to a cashless account or topped-up, you won’t be able to create a new cashless account for that ticket/wristband or add it to another cashless account for shared spending. You will not be able to separate the spending amounts of linked wristbands.
**To take advantage of a Shared Cashless Account, make sure you link all tickets or wristbands before you top-up.**
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) What is a cashless account?
Think of a cashless account as a pre-paid account, and your RFID wristband as the key to that account. The funds you top-up are stored in this account, and each time you tap your wristband to make a purchase, the amount will automatically be deducted from your account balance.
Q) Can I link more than one wristband to my cashless account?
Register a new account for each ticket/wristband if you want to keep your spending separate. Assign a ticket/wristband to each of your buddies and have them each create a new account with their wristband numbers.
Q) I purchased a Thursday and a Saturday ticket. Do I need to link both wristbands to my cashless account?
YES! In order for all of your wristbands to access your top-up funds, you must link ALL wristbands to your registered cashless account. If you topped-up your Thursday wristband but did not add it to a registered account on Day 1, you must create your cashless account and link the Thursday wristband FIRST (this transfers the funds from your wristband to your account.) Second, add your Saturday wristband to the account for Saturday spending.
Q) How do I top-up credit?
From your Smart Phone:
Once you’ve created your cashless account and linked your wristband, you can top-up your account at any time, right from your smart phone.
At a Top-up Station:
You can top-up at one of the onsite Top-up Stations located inside the event, and trained staff will be on-hand to help you through the process.
Q) How do I make a purchase?
Now that you’ve topped-up your account, you can make cashless purchases for food, drinks and merchandise at the event. Once you’re at a vendor location:
Tap your wristband on the RFID reader.
Place your order with the staff.
Tap your wristband a second time to confirm your transaction.
The amount will automatically be deducted from your account. It’s that easy!
Q) Can I combine the credit of two wristbands?
The only way you can share credit is to have those wristbands as part of a shared account. Tickets/wristbands can only be added to a shared account prior to having been topped-up or registered to an individual account.
Q) Can I split the cost of something with a friend?
No, you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of their own spending.
Q) How do I check my cashless balance?
If your ticket or wristband is registered to a cashless account, you can log in and check your balance at any time. Or, simply tap your wristband at any payment point or Customer Service location and your cashless balance will be visible from the reader.
Q) I froze my wristband by mistake, so how do I unfreeze it?
The “Freeze” feature, which is only available to registered users, allows you to “freeze” a lost or stolen wristband so no further purchases can be made. You can freeze your wristband from the “Tickets/Wristbands” tab of your cashless account and can unfreeze by clicking the button a second time. Or, visit any Customer Service station for assistance.
Q) How do I get a replacement wristband if it’s lost or I pulled it too tight?
If you’ve created an account online and linked your ticket or wristband to it, no worries! Visit Customer Service at the event and they will deactivate your lost wristband and issue you a new one. Please bring valid photo ID. Your cashless balance will automatically be available from your replacement wristband.
However, if you did NOT create an online account and link your ticket or wristband, unfortunately your remaining credit balance can no longer be retrieved. To get a replacement wristband onsite, visit Customer Service and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with valid photo ID. If someone else bought the tickets on your behalf, you will need to bring the original purchaser with you to the kiosk and show proof of purchase along with valid photo ID. Replacement wristbands will be issued at the discretion of the Customer Service Representative.
To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your tickets/wristbands to that account prior to the event. Treat your wristband the same way you would treat cash! We are not responsible for any funds stolen / missing from your wristband if you lose it.
Q) What is your refund policy for leftover credit?
All credit left unredeemed by October 14, 2018 will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
- Credit Card: Leftover funds on your account purchased online or on-site at the event using a credit card or debit card will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $3.50 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the end of the event.
- Cash & Debit Card: Leftover funds on your account purchased on-site at the event using cash will require you to complete a Manual Refund in your online account page (less a $3.50 refund processing fee). Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund period.
- All refunds are subject to a $3.50 refund processing fee.
- Unspent Bonus credits will not be refunded and cannot be used to pay for the $3.50 refund processing fee.
- Refund processing is subject to verification of the data inputted by the guest in the Manual Refund Form. The guest is responsible for submitting accurate data.
- The deadline to apply for a manual refund is October 28, 2018.